From “History of Carnock”
- new school built in 1865/66
- local teacher from 1877 to 1902 was Henry Anderson
From “History of Dunfermline”
- name Carnock comes from Caer = camp or fort, Knock = hill on which camp built
- old church built 1602 by Sir George Bruce
- famous people from Carnock, Sir George Erskine and Rev John Row.
The existing church was built circa 1840.
All photographs taken 28th October, 2003 – (AG)